Mount Meru is located in Tanzania and is the fifth highest mountain in Africa. It is a great mountain to climb and offers spectacular scenery, including views of Mount Kilimanjaro. The mountain is unspoilt and less congested as compared to its Mount Kilimanjaro and Mount Kenya counterparts.
2 nights / 3 days MOUNT MERU TREKKING Tanzania
Duration: 3 Days/2 nights
Location: Mount Meru, Arusha, Tanzania
Arusha – Momella gate – Mariakamba Hut
Drive 1hr. Hike Distance 10 km, 4 – 5 hrs. 1000m ascent, Alt: 2516
Dinner and overnight Mariakamba Hut
Mariakamba Hut to Saddle Hut
Hike Distance 4km, 2 – 3 hrs. 1050m ascent, Alt: 3566
Dinner and overnight Saddle Hut.
From Meru Summit to Saddle Hut to Momella Gate and back to Arusha
Hike Distance 14km, 6 to 8hrs, 3050m descent, Alt: 1516
Drive 1 hr back to Arusha
- Quality, waterproof mountain tents
- Professional, experienced, mountain guideseru 4 days itinerary
- All Park fees and Rescue fees.Moudays itinerary
- All meals while on the Mountain.
- Arrival and Departure transfers.
- Guides, Porters, cook salaries and park fees.Mount Meru 4 days itinerary
- Mess tents with table and chairs.
- All mountain equipments
- 2nights hotel accommodation the day before and after trekking
- Large portions of fresh, healthy, nutritious food:Mount Meru 4 days itinerary
- Clean, purified drinking water 1.5 liters per day
- Sleeping Mattress and pillows.
- Tanzania Visa: $50 per person just upon arrival.Mount Meru 4 days itinerary
- Personal Expenses (e.g. laundry, telephone, beverages, etc.).
- Optional Tours (short safari, Zanzibar beaches, after your climb etc).Mount Meru 4 days itinerary
- Tipping and any items of personal nature.